Who has a healthy lifestyle? Everybody, hum..
Do you accumulate at least 60 minutes of physical activity during the day?
YES, good for you, you are on the way to health.
The ideal is always walking. It can be done everywhere and on top, you only need your body to move.
Do you know how much weight you can remove by walking?
Let’s pretend you weigh 150 lbs., you would remove approximately 5 ½ calories for every minute of moderate walking pace. If you weigh 200 lbs., you would remove 7 calories for every minute.
A few safety tips if you walk at night:
- Find a walking buddy
- Walk on the sidewalks where the streets are busy
- Always wear appropriate and reflective clothing
- Carry some change for a last minute call or have your cell phone with you
- If you are out of breath, if you cannot talk, slow your walking pace, and stop and talk to your doctor about it
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after especially during summer time
- And please don’t use ankle weights, it is causing too much pressure on your joints
- Add your arms, you burn up to 25% more calories
- And most importantly GOOD or APPROPRIATE walking shoes
And remember WALKING also is the best activity to give you thinner thighs.
What are you going to gain from being more physically active?
- Increased strength. Every year after thirty, a half of pound of muscle atrophies.
- Increase Your Metabolism-And Your Energy. Ironically, instead of gaining weight from the pounds of muscle you will get, you will lose weight. How so? Muscle is the only body material that is active twenty-four hours a day–and in effect, burns fat twenty-four hours a day.
- Increased Bone Density and Improved Posture.
- Lowered Blood Pressure. Your blood pressure will go down!!
- Improved Heart and Lung, your cardiovascular system
You are not motivated to become more physically active, WELL you have one option: HIRE A PERSONAL COACH TRAINER to motivate you to get to that next level.
And what about NUTRITION? Do you eat healthy?
Using the Canada’s Food Guide or the American’s Food Guide, it will help in guiding you to make better choices in your daily meals.
CARBOHYDRATES are your best options and that include all your grain products and vegetables and fruits. Eat a bit of proteins and a little fat.
|What the Food Guide recommends:|
|GRAIN PRODUCTS:||4 to 8 servings per day|
|VEGETABLES AND FRUITS:||5 to 10 servings per day|
|MILK PRODUCTS:||Average is 2 to 4 servings per day, please check the Canada’s Food Guide for more information|
|MEAT & ALTERNATIVES:||2 to 3 servings per day|
And remember to drink water through the day, it is really good to remove weight, hydrate your body, and lubricate the joints.
The Food Guide to Healthy Eating and Vitality means
EAT WELL, BE ACTIVE, AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF OR ANOTHER WORD, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. PAY ATTENTION TO FATS:
The Low Down On Fats
Good fat – Bad fat? How do you choose? Here are some heart-friendly fats that can lower “bad” cholesterol:
- Monounsaturated fats (i.e. olive oil, almonds nuts, etc.)
- Polyunsaturated fats (i.e. safflower oil, soybean, sesame seed, etc. )
- Omega-3 fat (i.e. salmon, mackerel, canola oil, etc.)
The not so heart-friendly fats that can actually raise the level of the “bad” cholesterol are:
- Saturated fats (i.e. meat, poultry, dairy products, coconut oil, etc.)
- Trans fatty acids (i.e. any hydrogenated or partly hydrogenated oils, baked goods, etc.)
AND APPLY THE 80:20 RULE
80% of the time you will be really good in every aspect and 20% you will get that rest for your body and eat that special dish or sweet you like.